Doctors blame government involvement in medicine for the current problems in medicine, and are not shy to say they want it out. Doctors say that a key government provision in the Affordable Care Act – the huge expansion of Medicaid enrollees – is likely to backfire, as almost half (49%) say they will stop accepting Medicaid payments.
A survey by the Doctor Patient Medical Association Foundation seems to point to the destruction of our healthcare system if Obamacare is fully implemented.
From the survey:
- Almost unanimous that medicine is on the wrong track, and overwhelmingly blame the government;
- Government-imposed solutions (PPACA, electronic health information) destined to fail;
- Highest numbers ever opting out of Medicare or refuse Medicaid;
- Vacuum in leadership in medical profession, feel abandoned by AMA & organized medicine;
- Corporate medicine (including hospital and insurance companies) is intentionally trying to destroy private practice;
- Doctors are pessimistic – failing financially & assume things will worsen;
- See doctors and patients as the solution – not government;
- Believe direct payment by patients will restore accountability & patient control;
- Restored autonomy, elimination of government involvement, increased patient responsibility and free market reforms are solutions.
- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
- 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
- 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
- 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
- 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
- 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
- 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
- 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
- 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
- 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
- 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
- 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
Obama’s first two years and Democrat majorities in both house of congress gave us this disastrous 2,000 page bill that nobody read and most Americans did not want. But it will lead to socialized medicine and justify micro management of every aspect of our lives. After all, what doesn’t effect your health?
You can see the radical leftist fascist mindset in the recent ban on sodas over 20 ounces proposed by Mayor Bloomberg in New York. Other liberal ideas are a proposal to do away with popcorn at movies, banning of trans fats, salt and forced labeling of calorie content at restaurants show how leftists want to control every thing you do “for your own good.”
C.S. Lewis said “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.” This is the elitist philosophy of the left. They know better than you. You are too stupid do what is best for you or what is best for you doesn’t really matter. What matters is what’s best for the collective.
This is what Thomas Sowell wrote about saying Obama is not so much a socialist as a fascist.
Michael Whipple, Editor usACTIONnews.com
Follow usACTIONnews on Twitter or on Facebook
Help Make A Difference By Sharing These Articles On Facebook, Twitter And Elsewhere: