Post Tagged with: "American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees"

June 25, 2012 07:36

Big Public Labor Union Spends Big for Dems, Against GOP

In 2010, AFSCME reported spending $13 million independently on the elections, the sixth-most of any outside group and second-most of any labor union that cycle. About 80 percent of the union’s independent expenditures went toward opposing Republican congressional candidates while the other 20 percent was spent supporting Democrats.

May 25, 2010 08:59

Look who’s protecting incumbents

Two unions, the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFCSME) and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) plan to spend $100 MILLION to save incumbent Dems. The same week a Democrat introduced a $165 BILLION bill to bail out union pensions. Not a bad return.

March 4, 2010 06:10

The Problem Is Government Unions

An important milestone was reached last year when, for the first time, the majority of union members (51.4 percent) were federal or state government employees. The political power of government workers unions is a major reason why government spending is now out of control.